What is a Nanometer?
Download Student Worksheets RTF
- Learn about nanotechnology.
- Learn about scale.
- Learn about engineering design.
- Learn about teamwork and problem solving.
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- problem solving
Students learn how working at the nanoscale requires scientists and engineers to work at a much smaller scale. Students measure common classroom objects and convert the measurement to nanometers. They also learn about electron microscopes and find out about products that have been improved through the application of nanotechnology.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Resource Sheet (attached)
- Student Worksheets (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.