Waterproof that Roof!
Download Student Worksheets RTF
- Learn about structural engineering.
- Learn about materials engineering.
- Learn how engineering can help solve society's challenges.
- Learn about teamwork and problem solving.
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- structural engineering
- water protection strategies
- engineering design
Students learn about structural and materials engineering and work in teams to design, build, and test a roofing system that will keep the contents of a box dry during a classroom "rainstorm."
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Resource Sheet (attached)
- Student Worksheet (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.