Water Tower Challenge
Download Student Worksheets RTF
- Learn about engineering design and redesign.
- Learn about water delivery systems.
- Learn how engineering can help solve society's challenges.
- Learn about teamwork and problem solving.
As a result of this activity, students should develop an
- engineering design
- water systems
Students explore how engineers have solved societal problems such as water delivery and storage. Students work in teams to develop a water tower out of everyday materials than can deliver water in a controlled manner to a paper cup. They evaluate their results, and the results of other teams, and share their reflections with the class.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Resource Sheet (attached)
- Student Worksheet (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.comments powered by Disqus