Series and Parallel Circuits
Download Student Worksheets RTF
- Learn that different circuit designs result in different electrical behaviors.
- Learn about current flow and the operational differences between series and parallel circuits.
- Learn to predict outcomes and draw conclusions.
- Learn about teamwork and working in groups.
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- parallel and series circuits
- circuits and current flow
- making and testing predictions
Students perform experiments using two different types of circuit arrangements: series and parallel circuits. Students compare a set up of series and parallel bulbs, make predictions about how the circuit will function, record results, and discuss the circuits as a group.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Worksheet (attached)
- Student Resource Sheets (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.comments powered by Disqus