Download Student Worksheets RTF
- Learn about civil engineering.
- Learn about engineering design.
- Learn about planning and construction.
- Learn about teamwork and working in groups.
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- structural engineering and design
- problem solving
Students learn how bridges are designed to meet load, stress, and aesthetic challenges. Students work in teams to design and build a bridge out of up to 200 popsicle sticks and glue that can hold a standard weight based on the age of the students. Teams test their bridge, evaluate their own results and those of other students, and present their findings to the class.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Worksheets (attached)
- Student Resource Sheets (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.comments powered by Disqus