Full Lesson Plan Aligned to the Australian National Curriculum
Download Student Worksheets RTF
Student Worksheets Aligned to the Australian National Curriculum
- Design and build an outdoor air pollution detector
- Test and refine their designs
- Communicate their design process and results
As a result of this lesson students will have:
- Designed and built an outdoor air pollution detector
- Tested and refined their designs
- Communicated their design process and results
In this lesson, students work in teams of "engineers" to design and build their own outdoor air pollution detectors out of everyday items. They then test their devices, evaluate their results, and present to the class.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Resource Sheet (attached)
- Student Worksheets (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.