Download Student Worksheets RTF
- Learn about nanotechnology.
- Learn about the hydrophobic effect.
- Learn about surface area.
- Learn about teamwork and working in groups.
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- surface area
- problem solving
Students learn about how nanotechnology has impacted manufacture and use of fabrics. Students then work in a team to develop a waterproofing plan for a piece of cotton fabric, they execute their plan, test the fabric, and examine samples of fabrics that have had their surface altered through nanotechnology.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Resource Sheet (attached)
- Student Worksheets (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.comments powered by Disqus