Download Student Worksheets RTF
- Learn about engineering design.
- Learn about planning and construction.
- Learn about teamwork and working in groups.
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- engineering design
- problem solving
Students learn how filtrations systems are of many sorts for many purposes. Students work in teams to design and build a filtration system out of everyday items that can remove the most "dirt" or sediment from water. They then test their filters and those of other student teams, determine the filter design that was the most effective in the class, evaluate their own results and those of other students, and present their findings to the class.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Worksheets (attached)
- Student Resource Sheets (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.comments powered by Disqus