Failure: Seeds of Innovation
Download Student Worksheets RTF
- Learn how engineering can help solve society's challenges.
- Learn about teamwork.
- Learn about problem solving.
- As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
Students explore how mistakes and failures are a part of engineering and explore many examples of how engineers and others created materials, products, and processes after facing a failure or mistake. Students work in teams to research and present about a product, materials, or process -- they explore the people involved, the challenges they faced, and the hurdles that had to be overcome in order to succeed. They present their research to the class, participate in discussions with other teams, and complete a reflection sheet.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Resource Sheet (attached)
- Student Worksheet (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.