Exploring at the Nanoscale
Download Student Worksheets RTF
- Learn about nanotechnology.
- Learn about scale.
- Learn about surface area.
- Learn about engineering design.
- Learn about teamwork and working in groups.
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- problem solving
Students learn how engineers working at the nanoscale have a greater surface area to work with. Students work in teams to explore increasing surface area as large blocks are cut to multiple, smaller parts. They then explore a challenge of determining how nanotechnology might help engineers improve a product or a process, and present their proposal to the class.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Worksheets (attached)
- Student Resource Sheets (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.comments powered by Disqus