Engineer a Dam
Full Lesson Plan Aligned to the Australian National Curriculum
Download Student Worksheets RTF
Student Worksheets Aligned to the Australian National Curriculum
- Learn about dams.
- Learn about engineering design and redesign.
- Learn how engineering can help solve society's challenges.
- Learn about teamwork and problem solving.
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- structural design and engineering
- engineering design
Students explore the multiple uses of dams and how they solve problems. They learn about different types of dams, consider material options, build a dam in a classroom water trough, test it, and share their experiences with the class.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Resource Sheet (attached)
- Student Worksheets (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.