Electric Messages: Then and Now
Download Student Worksheets RTF
- Learn about electrical based communications.
- Learn about the Morse Code system.
- Learn about wiring, switches, and simple circuits.
- Learn about teamwork and problem solving.
- Learn about the history of communication and its impact on world events.
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- electrical communications
- audio and visual applications of International Morse Code
- electrical wiring, simple switches
Students learn about how to send Morse Code through electrical simple switches which they construct from batteries, wires, and a bulb. They explore the impact of electrical communications on society and therefore the value that engineers add to our world.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Resource Sheet (attached)
- Student Worksheet (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.comments powered by Disqus