Classroom Paper Recycling
Download Student Worksheets RTF
- Learn about recycled paper manufacturing.
- Learn about re-engineering.
- Learn how engineering can help solve society's challenges.
- Learn about teamwork and problem solving.
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- paper recycling
- manufacturing processes
- engineering design
Students learn about how chemical engineers and others work together to create recycled paper. They work in teams to create their own recycled paper -- improving upon current methods -- compare the process to large scale recycled paper manufacturing, and present reflections to the class.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Resource Sheet (attached)
- Student Worksheets (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.comments powered by Disqus